Directions to Poke-A-Stick Lava Tours ( Please call!)
From Volcano (allow 70 minutes travel time)
• Take the Hawaii Belt Road (Hwy 11) about 20 miles toward Hilo to Kea’au
• Turn right onto Kea’au/Pahoa Rd (Hwy 130) toward Pahoa
• (skip to Kea’au below)
From Hilo (allow 45 mins)
• Take the Hawaii Belt Road (Hwy 11) about 8 miles toward Volcano to Kea’au
• Turn left onto Kea’au/Pahoa Rd (Hwy 130) toward Pahoa
• (continue with Kea’au below)
• Proceed 9 miles on Hwy 130 to Pahoa
• Continue past Pahoa on Hwy 130 another 10 miles to the Kalapana/Kaimu exit (do not turn left)
• Stay on Hwy 130 for one more mile until you reach the barricades at the end of the highway
At the barricades (End of Hwy 130):
You are now entering the area covered by the 1990 lava flow.
Drive past the barricades onto the rough paved lava road, for about 0.8 miles until you come to the parking area.
You will see several Porta-Johns and bicycle rental tents. At this point the security personnel will stop you. Let them know you are touring with CHERYL and they will let you proceed about 1/4 mile to your FIRST RIGHT HAND TURN! Small red cinder driveway into the trees, Follow it to the end.
After we greet you, we will park you on our private property. We will park there behind a secure
locked gate, and then depart for our adventure!
Call Cheryl at (808) 987-3456